Posted: December 11, 2023
Where Does Propane Come From?
An Introduction to Propane
As a Trinity Gas customer, you already know that we offer top-tier propane delivery in Greater Nashville. We even offer free automatic delivery where we account for all your outdoor products and household appliances to track your fuel usage and deliver fuel before you run low. But have you ever wanted to know more about the propane we deliver? What is it? Where does it come from? Keep reading to learn about propane and its uses and benefits.
Where does propane come from? Propane is produced during natural gas processing and petroleum refining. It’s routinely compressed and stored as a liquid. You’ll often see it referred to as liquefied petroleum gas, LPG or LP. Propane is nontoxic and colorless. In the rare event of a spill, it poses no threat to the surrounding soil, water or organisms.
Propane’s versatility makes it extremely useful in residential contexts. Here are some of the ways propane can enhance the quality of life in and around your Tennessee home.
- Robust home heating: Propane boilers and furnaces offer energy-efficient whole-house and space heating.
- Reliable, cost-saving water heaters: Propane water heaters offer better energy efficiency than electric ones. And with propane tankless water heaters, you get even better energy efficiency plus endless hot water on demand.
- Fast, effective clothes dryers: Propane clothes dryers gets your laundry dry faster than their electric counterparts, and with less wear and static cling and fewer wrinkles.
- Chef-quality gas ranges and ovens: Cooking with a propane range offers precise and instant temperature control.
- Stunning fire features: Propane fireplaces and hearths add coziness and comfortable warmth at the push of a button.
- Convenient pool and spa heaters: Pool and spa heaters work quickly and effectively to keep your water at just the right temperature.
- Dependable standby generators: Whole house generators ensure your home’s comfort and safety by keeping all your appliances, home security devices, and HVAC system up and running.
Propane is safe and versatile. In addition to running a variety of appliances, propane comfortably heats your home and water, powers gas fireplaces, and give you the precise temperature control for cooking that only gas offers.
Let’s take a closer look at propane’s benefits:
- It’s abundant: Virtually all of the propane consumed in the U.S. is produced in North America.
- It’s accessible: If there’s a power outage or a cutoff in your natural gas supply, you’re without heat and the use of your appliances, having a propane tank and a reliable propane provider, like Trinity Gas, means you always have propane on your property and at your disposal.
- It’s clean-burning: Because propane burns so cleanly, propane-fueled equipment lasts longer and needs fewer repairs.
- It’s cost-effective: Installing new propane heating equipment generally costs 20-40% less than comparable oil heating equipment. And propane appliances are 40–60% less expensive to operate than comparable electric appliances.
- It’s eco-friendly: Propane is nontoxic so doesn’t pose a threat to the soil, water or any organisms. In fact, it’s not even regulated by the Environmental Protection Agency.
- It’s efficient: Propane heating appliances deliver better value and comfort than heating sources powered by other means.
Trust Trinity Gas
Trinity Gas has been delivering efficient propane and total piece of mind to the homes of Greater Nashville since 1965. Let us put our decades of experience to work for you.
Contact Trinity Gas today to learn more or sign up for automatic propane delivery. Our team is here to help!